Hospitality Labor and Employment Law Blog
Webinar Recording: Employment Practices Facing NLRB Scrutiny
On Friday, November 16, I participated in a free 75-minute webinar discussion with Lafe E. Solomon, Acting General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board. The webinar was moderated by Terence H. McGuire of the Practical Law Company. We discussed:
- Factors that the NLRB considers when deciding whether to prosecute unfair labor practices based on these employment practices.
- Legal considerations surrounding these employment practices besides compliance with the National Labor Relations Act.
- The NLRB’s stance on what is and is not a lawful at will disclaimer.
- Social Media and communications policies.
- The NLRB’s position on employer requirements for confidentiality in connection with workplace investigations.
- Waivers of the right to pursue claims in class actions.
- What's next on the NLRB's prosecutorial agenda and how employers can prepare.
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
250 Park Avenue • New York, New York 10177 • Phone: 212.351.1211
1925 Century Park East • Suite 500 • Los Angeles, CA 90067 • Phone: 310.553.2165
1227 25th Street NW • Suite 700 • Washington, D.C. 20037 • Phone: 202.861.0900
View other offices